The Flying Scotsman History

The Flying Scotsman was designed by Sir Nigel Gresley and built for the LNER (London North Eastern Railway). It was numbered initially as 1472, an A1 Class when rolled out from Doncaster Works on the 24th February 1923. It later changed its number to 4472 and given the name "Flying Scotsman" in 1924. The engine was employed by LNER on express passenger trains between London and Edinburgh. It became an A3 Class after boiler works in Doncaster during 1947. Flying Scotsman final number was 60103 after the railways were nationalised. The locomotive spent time also on the Great Central railway operating services between Nottingham Victoria and London Marylebone, being allocated to Leicester Central depot for most of the time between 5th June 1950 to 1st September 1957 (except 5th July 1954 to 25th December 1954) Source: Wikipedia

Date_Of_Operation Location Display
Today..... National Rail Museum York Works Believe its in the NRM Works...
Christmas 2016 TV Documentary Cab Ride along the Severn Valley Line
1-9 April 2017 Keighley & Worth Valley Railway Rail Trips
13-19 April 2017 Bluebell Railway Rail Trips
5-7 & 9-12 September 2017 West Somerset Railway Rail Trips
Getting Started with PHP Connected Success